UConn Health Center
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06030
Phone: (860) 486-4455
- Ph.D., Dental Materials & Metallurgical Eng.University of Michigan, Dental Materials & Metallurgical Eng.
- Other, Metallurgical Eng., University of Michigan
- B.S., Metallurgical Eng., Drexel University
- Material’s microstructure and its mechanical/physical/biological properties
- Recent discovery of the proteins responsible for biomineralization in primitive marine species has lead to the study of simplified synthetic analogs and in vitro use of these macromolecules for a wide range of applications is now envisioned
- Tissue engineering scaffolds being designed to influence the development of human embryonic stem cells
- Goldberg & Burstone patents named a “Top 25 Innovation”
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (National Dental Honorary Society)
- University/Industry Innovation Award
- Edward H. Hatton Award
“Developmental-Like Bone Regeneration by Human Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Mesenchymal Cells.” Kuhn, Liisa T; Liu, Yongxing; Boyd, Nolan L; Dennis, James E; Jiang, Xi; Xin, Xiaonan; Charles, Lyndon F; Wang, Liping; Aguila, H Leonardo; Rowe, David W; Lichtler, Alexander C; Goldberg, A Jon (2013) Tissue engineering. Part A.
“One-Step Derivation of Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSC)-Like Cells From Human Pluripotent Stem Cells on a Fibrillar Collagen Coating.” Liu, Yongxing; Goldberg, A Jon; Dennis, James E; Gronowicz, Gloria A; Kuhn, Liisa T (2012) PloS one 3 (7) e33225.
“Viscoelastic Properties of an Aesthetic Translucent Orthodontic Wire.” Goldberg, A Jon; Liebler, Stephenie A H; Burstone, Charles J (2011) European journal of orthodontics 6 (33) 673-8.
“Polyphenylene Polymers as Esthetic Orthodontic Archwires.” Burstone, Charles J; Liebler, Stephenie A H; Goldberg, A Jon (2011) American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics : official publication of the American Association of Orthodontists, its constituent societies, and the American Board of Orthodontics 4 Suppl (139) e391-8.
“A Nondestructive Method for Evaluating in Vitro Osteoblast Differentiation on Biomaterials Using Osteoblast-Specific Fluorescence.” Kuhn, Liisa T; Liu, Yongxing; Advincula, Maria; Wang, Yu-Hsiung; Maye, Peter; Goldberg, A Jon (2010) Tissue engineering. Part C, Methods 6 (16) 1357-66.
“Fabrication and Characterization of Hydroxyapatite-Coated Polystyrene Disks for Use in Osteoprogenitor Cell Culture.” Goldberg, A Jon; Liu, Yongxing; Advincula, Maria C; Gronowicz, Gloria; Habibovic, Pamela; Kuhn, Liisa T (2010) Journal of biomaterials science. Polymer edition10 (21) 1371-87.
“Non-Physiological Mineral Deposition in Vitro by Primary Human Osteoblasts Under Osteogenic Conditions” Charles L.F., Woodman J.L., Goldberg A.J., Gronowicz G.A., Kuhn L.T. (2010) Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE 36th Annual Northeast Bioengineering Conference, NEBEC 2010.
“Wear at the Titanium-Zironia Implant-Abutment Interface.” Klotz, M.W.; Taylor, T.D.; and Goldberg, A.J. (2010) JOMI.
“Polypeptide-Catalyzed Biosilicification of Dentin Surfaces.” Goldberg, A J; Advincula, M C; Komabayashi, T; Patel, P A; Mather, P T; Goberman, D G; Kazemi, R B (2009) Journal of dental research 4 (88) 377-81.
“Polypeptide-Catalyzed Silica for Dental Applications.” Advincula, Maria C; Patel, Pritesh; Mather, Patrick T; Mattson, Tyler; Goldberg, A Jon (2009) Journal of biomedical materials research. Part B, Applied biomaterials 2 (88) 321-31.