Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
97 North Eagleville Road, Unit 3136,
Storrs, CT 06269-3136
Phone: (860) 486-4630
Email: email@example.com Web: http://ma.engr.uconn.edu/
- Postdoctoral training (J. Evans Attwell-Welch fellowship), Rice University, 2009-2011
- Ph.D., University of Cambridge, 2009-2011
- B.Eng. and M.Phil., The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 2000-2005
- Structure, rheology, and processing of complex fluids
- Inkjet and 3D printing
- Excellence in Research and Creativity: Early Career Award, American Association of University Professors (AAUP)-UConn Chapter, 2017
- 3M Non-tenured Faculty Award, 3M Corporation, 2016
- Arthur B. Metzner Early Career Award, Society of Rheology, 2015
- NSF CAREER award, 2013
- Distinguished Young Rheologist, TA Instruments, 2012
- J. Evans Attwell-Welch fellowship, Richard E. Smalley Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology, Rice University (USA), 2009
- Messel Travel Bursary, The Society of Chemical Industry (UK), 2007
- Fellow, Cambridge Philosophical Society (UK), 2006
- Croucher Foundation Scholarship (Hong Kong), 2005
- Honorary Scholar, Cambridge Overseas Trust (UK), 2005
- Fellow, Cambridge Overseas Society (UK), 2005
- Overseas Research Students Awards Scheme (ORSAS) Scholarship (UK), 2005
Y. Guo, H. Patanwala, B. H. Bognet, A. W. K. Ma. The physics of inkjet and inkjet-based 3D printing. Rapid Prototyping, 23(3), 562-576 (2017).
E. J. Carboni, B. H. Bognet, G. M. Bouchillon, A. L. Kadilak, L. M. Shor, M. D. Ward, A. W. K. Ma. Direct tracking of particles and quantification of margination in blood flow. Biophysical Journal, 111(7), 1487-1495 (2016).
J. Chen, X. Ma, Q. Dong, D. Song, D. Hargrove, S. Vora, A. W. K. Ma, X. Lu, Y. Lei. Self-healing of thermal-induced, biocompatible and biodegradable protein hydrogel. RSC Advances, 6, 56183-56192 (2016).
D. E. Tsentalovich, A. W. K. Ma, J. A. Lee, N. Behabtu, E. A. Bengio, A. Choi, J. Hao, Y. Luo, R. J. Headrick, M. J. Green, Y. Talmon, M. Pasquali. Relationship of extensional viscosity and liquid crystalline transition to length distribution in carbon nanotube solutions. Macromolecules, 49(2), 681-689 (2016).
B. Bognet, Y. Guo, A. W. K. Ma. Controlling system components with a sound card: A versatile inkjet fluid testing platform. Rev. Sci. Int., 87, 015101 (2016).
S. R. Vora, B. Bognet, H. S. Patanwala, F. Chinesta, A. W. K. Ma. Surface pressure and microstructure of carbon nanotubes at an air–water interface. Langmuir, 31(16), 4663 – 4672 (2015)
For full list of publications, please visit: http://ma.engr.uconn.edu/