Department of Physics
2152 Hillside Road
Storrs, CT 06269-3046
Phone: (860) 486-4924
Email: email@example.com Web: http://www.phys.uconn.edu/people/faculty/storrs/gibson
- Ph.D., Physics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 1990
- B.A., Physics, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California, 1983
- Behavior of atoms and molecules in intense laser fields using ultra-fast time resolved techniques with the ultimate goal of producing highly excited electronic states using non-resonant multiphoton ionization
- APS Outstanding Referee, 2008
- Cottrell Scholars Award, 1996
- NSF Early Career Development Award, 1994
- ARCS Foundation Scholarship, 1983
- Bell Laboratories Ph.D. Fellowship, 1983
“Multi-Electron Effects in Charge Asymmetric Molecules Induced by Asymmetric Laser Fields,” V. Tagliamonti, H. Chen, and G. N. Gibson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 073002 (2012).
“Enhanced Ionization of an Inner Orbital of I2 by Strong Laser Fields,” H. Chen, V. Tagliamonti, and G. N. Gibson, Phys. Rev. A 86, 051403(R) (2012).
“Internuclear Separation Dependent Ionization of the Valence Orbitals of I2 by Strong Laser Fields,” H. Chen, V. Tagliamonti, and G. N. Gibson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 193002 (2012).
“Enhanced Harmonic Generation by Breaking the Phase Matching Symmetry,” G. N. Gibson, N. Majtenyi, and E. Sergan, Optics Letters 37, 3279 (2012).
“Internuclear Separation Resolved Asymmetric Dissociation of I2 in a Two-Color Laser Field,” V. Tagliamonti, H. Chen, and G. N. Gibson, Phys. Rev. A 84, 043424 (2011).
“Angle-Resolved and Internuclear-Separation-Resolved Measurements of the Ionization Rate of the B State of I2 by Strong Laser Fields,” H. Chen, L. Fang, V. Tagliamonti, and G. N. Gibson, Phys. Rev. A 84, 043427 (2011).
“Optimal Pulse for Orbital Reconstruction from Ionization Maps in Aligned Molecules,” E. Hijano, C. Serrat, G. N. Gibson, C. Figueira de Morisson Faria, and J. Biegert, Journal of Modern Optics 58, 1166 (2011).
“Study of Vibrational Wavepackets in Hot I2 Molecules with Ultrafast Laser Pulses,” L. Fang and G. N. Gibson, Revista Mexicana de Fisica S 56(2), 79 (2010).
“Orbital Geometry Determined by Orthogonal High Harmonic Polarization Components,” E. Hijano, C. Serrat, G. N. Gibson and J. Biegert, Phys. Rev. A 81, 041401(R) (2010).
“Wavelength-Dependent Study of Trapping Molecules in an Excited Electronic State of I22+ with Strong Laser Fields,” L. Fang and G. N. Gibson, Phys. Rev. A 81, 033410 (2010).