Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of Connecticut
261 Glenbrook Road
Storrs, CT 06269-2221
Phone: (860) 486-4602
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://me.engr.uconn.edu/faculty/kazerounian-kazem/
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Chicago, 1984
- M.S., University of Illinois at Chicago, 1981
- B.S., University of Illinois at Chicago, 1980
- Nano-bio mechanical systems
- Analysis and design of mechanisms
- Machines and gear systems
- Analytical and computational kinematics
- Design optimization
- ASME Design Division Mechanisms and Robotics Award, 2006
- George Wood Award, 1997
- ABB Outstanding Faculty Award, 1997
“Residue Level Three-Dimensional Workspace Maps for Conformational Trajectory Planning of Proteins,” (C. Madden, P. Bohnenkamp and H. Ilies), International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 450-463, 2009.
“A Kinematic Observation and Conjecture for Creating Stable Constructs of a Peptide Nanoparticle,” (with Z. Shahbazi, T.A.P.F. Pimentel, H. Ilies and P. Burkhard), Advances in Robot Kinematics, Issue on Motion in Man and Machine, ISBN 978-90-481-9261-8, Springer Science+Business Media, June 2010.
“Hydrogen Bonds and Kinematic Mobility of Protein Molecules,” (with Z. Shahbazi and H. Ilies), ASME Transactions, Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, Vol. 2, No. 2, 9 pages, 2010.
“Using LEDs and Phosphorescent Materials to Teach High School Students Quantum Mechancis: A Guided-Inquiry Laboratory for Introductory High School Chemistry,” (with W.P. Green, A. Trotochaud, J. Sherman and E.W. Faraclas), Journal of Chemical Education, Vol. 86, No. 3, pp. 340-342, 2009.