Civil & Environmental Engineering
Storrs, CT 06268-2037
Office: Castleman Building, Room 330
Phone: (860) 486-2990
Email: email@example.com Web: http://www.engr.uconn.edu/cee/people/facultymembers/15-research/53-norman.html
- Ph.D. Purdue University, 1986
- M.S.C.E. Purdue University, 1983
- B.S.C.E. University of the West Indies (Trinidad), 1978
- Sustainable transportation and urban planning
- Urban street networks, urban streets and shared spaces
- Bicyclist and pedestrian facility design and planning
- Transit planning
- Board Member, Congress for the New Urbanism
- Trustee, Tri-State Transportation Campaign
- The Connecticut Greenways Council, Educator of the Year Award, June 2010
- Transportation Research Board (TRB) Charley V. Wootan Award, Outstanding Paper in Policy and Organization, 2008
- Klewin Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Connecticut, 2007
- J. William Fulbright Fellow, 2004
Marshall, W. and Garrick, N. “Does Street Network Design Affect Traffic Safety? Accident Analysis and Prevention,” (2010).
Marshall, W. and Garrick, N. “Evidence on Why Bike-Friendly Cities are Safer for all Road Users. Environmental Practice,” (2010).
Marshall, W.E., Garrick, N.W., “Street Network Types and Road Safety,” Urban Design International, 10.1057/udi.2009.31, April 21 2010.
McCahill, C., Garrick, N.W., “Applicability of Space Syntax to Bicycle Facility Planning,” Transportation Research Record 2074, pg. 46-51, Washington, DC, December 2008 (08-2653).
Marshall, W., W., Garrick, N.W., Hansen, G., “Reassessing On-Street Parking,” Transportation Research Record 2046, pg. 45-52, Washington, DC,September 2008 (08-2926).
Marshall, W., W., Garrick, N.W., “Parking at Mixed-Use Centers in Small Cities,” Transportation Research Record 1977, pg. 164-1711, Washington, DC, December 2006 (06-2864).
Garrick, N.W., Wang, J., “New Concepts for Context Based Design of Streets and Highways,” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board No: 1912, pg. 57-64, 2005.
Baird, B.T., Garrick, N. W., “Decentralization in the Hartford Metropolitan Region, 1900 to 2000,” Transportation Research Record (TRR), Transportation Research Board, 2004.
Watkins, K.E., Sorenson, T., Garrick, N.W., “Platform Layout for New Britain to Hartford Busway,” Transportation Research Record (TRR), 1791, 2002.
Janikula, T.P., Garrick, N.W., “Three-Dimensional Visualization Approach for Illustrating Esthetic Concepts for Design of Highways,” Transportation Research Record (TRR) 1796, Transportation Research Board, pg. 35-40, 2002.