Department of Materials Science & Engineering
97 North Eagleville Road, Unit 3136
Storrs, CT 06269-3136
Office: UTEB 266
Phone: (860) 486-1450
- Ph.D., University of Kyoto, Japan (1996)
- Fuel cell and batteries
- Hydrogen generation
- Nanomaterials and thin film coating
- Ceramic processing
- Gasification and biofuels
- Women of Innovation, Finalist in category of Research and Leadership, Connecticut Technology Council, 2013
- Visiting Professor, Tokyo University of Science, Fall, 2012
- Japan Organization for Promotion of Science, Fellowship, 2012
- Elected Member of the Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering, 2012
- Innovation Award, National Research Council of Canada, 2009
- Leadership Award, National Research Council of Canada, 2006, 2007, 2009
- National Academy of Engineering 9th Annual Frontiers of Engineering symposium, 2003
- The Best Young Woman Scientist Award, Japan, 1996
- Outstanding Young Scientist, Sankai Shinbun Award, Japan, 1995
Roller J. , Arellano-Jiméneza J., Yu H. , Carter C.B., and Maric R., Catalyst nanoscale assembly from the vapor phase on corrosion resistant supports”, Electrochimica Acta , 107, pp. 632– 655, (2013).
Roller J. , Arellano-Jiméneza J. , Jain R. , Yu H. , Carter C.B., and Maric R., “Oxygen evolution during water electrolysis from thin films using bimetallic oxides of Ir-Pt and Ir-Ru”,J. Electrochem. Soc. 160 (6), F716-F730, (2013).
Roller J. , Arellano-Jiméneza J. , Jain R. , Yu H. , Maric R., and Carter C.B., Processing, Activity and Microstructure of Oxygen Evolution Anodes Prepared by a Dry and Direct Deposition Technique, ECS Trans., 38(1), pp. 223-229, (2013).
Roller, J., Orfino, F., Neagu, R., Maric, R., “Supported and unsupported platinum catalysts prepared by the one-step Reactive Spray Deposition Technology (RSDT) method and their oxygen reduction reactivity in acidic media”, J. Mater. Sci., 47(11), pp. 4604-4601, (2012).
Maric, R., Roller, J., Neagu, R., ”Flame-based technologies and reactive spray deposition technology for low temperature solid oxide fuel cell”, Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, 20 (4), pp. 696-718, (2011).
R. Maric, K. Furusaki. D. Nishijima, R. Neagu, Thin Film Low Temperature Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (LTSOFC) by Reactive Spray Deposition Technology, RSDT, ECS Trans., 35(1), pp. 473-481, (2011).
Nédélec, R., Neagu, R., Uhlenbruck, S., Maric, R., Sebold, D., Buchkremer, H.-P., Stöver, D., “Gas phase deposition of diffusion barriers for metal substrates in solid oxide fuel cells” Surface and Coatings Technology, 205 (16), pp. 3999-4004, (2011).
Maric, R., Neagu, R., Zhang-Steenwinkel, Y., Van Berkel, F.P.F., Rietveld, B. “Reactive spray deposition technology – An one-step deposition technique for solid oxide fuel cell barrier layers”, Journal of Power Sources, 195 (24), pp. 8198-8201, (2010).
Hui, R., Sun, C., Yick, S., Decès-Petit, C., Zhang, X., Maric, R., Ghosh, D. “Ba1-xPrxCo1-yFeyO3-x as cathode materials for low temperature solid oxide fuel cells”, Electrochimica Acta, 55 (16), pp. 4772-4775 (2010). Impact Factor:3.642
T. Troczynski, and R. Maric, “Characterization of porous stainless steel 430 for low temperature SOFC substratesECS Transaction 26(1) pp.357-362, (2010).