- Ph.D., University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 1997
First principles materials computations and materials informatics aimed at:
- Rational materials design
- Functional & designer polymeric materials
- Catalysis using complex oxides
- Point defects and interfaces involving metal oxides
- Band gap engineering through strain
- Polarization and ferroelectric phenomena in nanowires
- United Technologies Corporation Professorship for Engineering Innovation, 2009
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Fellowship, 2009
- Max Planck Society Fellowship, 2009
- UConn MSE Program Teaching Excellence Award, 2009
- UConn MSE Program Outstanding Faculty Member Award, 2008
- Motorola Silver Quill Award for excellence in publication, 2003
I. M. Mosa, S. Biswas, A. M. El-Sawy, V. Botu, C. Guild, W. Song, R. Ramprasad, J. F. Rusling, S. L. Suib “Tunable mesoporous manganese oxide for high performance oxygen reduction and evolution reactions”, J. Mater. Chem. A, 4, 620 (2016).
BOOK CHAPTER: V. Botu, A. B. Mhadeshwar, S. L. Suib, R. Ramprasad “Optimal Dopant Selection for Water Splitting with Cerium Oxides: Mining and Screening First Principles Data”, (Eds. T. Lookman, F.J. Alexander and K. Rajan), Springer Ser. Materials, Vol. 225 (2016).
V. Botu, R. Ramprasad “Learning scheme to predict atomic forces and accelerate materials simulations”, Phys. Rev. B. 92, 094306 (2015).
L. H. Chen, T. D. Huan, C. C. Wang, R. Ramprasad “ Unraveling the luminescence signatures of chemical defects in polyethylene ”, J. Chem. Phys. 143, 124907 (2015).
L. H. Chen, T. D. Huan, Q. Y. Cardona, R. Ramprasad “Charge injection barriers at metal/polyethylene interfaces ”, J. Mater. Sci. , 51, 506 (2015).
S. Saha, S. Rajasekaran, R. Ramprasad “Novel Randomized Feature Selection Algorithms”, International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science 26, 03, 321 (2015).
V. Sharma, A. McDannald, M. Staruch, R. Ramprasad, M. Jain “Dopant-mediated structural and magnetic properties of TbMnO3”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 107, 012901 (2015).
T. D. Huan, A. Mannodi-Kanakkithodi, R. Ramprasad “Accelerated materials property predictions and design using motif-based fingerprints”, Phys. Rev. B 92, 014106 (2015).
S. K. Yadav, V. Sharma, R. Ramprasad “Controlling electronic structure through epitaxial strain in ZnSe/ZnTe nano-heterostructures ”, J. Appl. Phys. 118, 015701 (2015).