Department of Mechanical Engineering
191 Auditorium Road, Unit 3139
Storrs, CT 06269-3139
Phone: (860) 486-2966
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: https://www.engr.uconn.edu/faculty-profile/cetegen-baki-m/
- California Institute of Technology, June 1982
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering: University of California, Berkeley, 1979
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering: Bosphorus University, Istanbul, Turkey, 1978
- Fluid mechanics and heat transfer of reacting single phase and multi-phase flows
- Fire dynamics
- Turbulent combustion
- Optical diagnostics
- Elected Member, Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering (2008)
- Combustion Institute Central States Section Combustion Art Competition 4th place (2007)
- Outstanding Mechanical Engineering Faculty Award, 2001
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- NASA Conn. Space Grant Consortium Fellowship, 1992
- Caltech, Tuition Fellowships and Research Assistantships, 1982,1981,1980
- UC, Berkeley, Tuition Fellowship, Teaching and Research Assistantships, 1978-1979
- Valedictorian of the 1978 Engineering Graduating Class at Bosphorus University, Turkey
Chaudhuri, S., Kostka, S, Renfro, M. W. and Cetegen, B. M., “Blowoff Dynamics of Bluff Body Stabilized Turbulent Premixed Flames,” Combustion and Flame, Vol. 157, pp. 790-802, 2010.
Sur, R., Boucher, T. J., Renfro, M. R. and Cetegen, B. M., “Technique of Laser Calibration for Wavelength Modulation Spectroscopy with Application to Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell Measurements,” Applied Optics, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 1-11, 2010.
Quinn, G. and Cetegen, B. M., “Heat Transfer in an Evaporating Liquid Film Flowing Over a Rotating Disk,” Int’l Journal of Thermal Science, Vol. 49, pp. 643 – 652, 2010.
Quinn, G. and Cetegen, B. M., “Effect of Surfactant Addition on Boiling Heat Transfer in a Liquid Film Flowing in a Diverging Open Channel,” Int’l Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 53, pp. 245-253, 2010.
Sur, R., Boucher, T. J., Renfro, M. R. and Cetegen, B. M., “In-Situ Measurements of Water Vapor Partial Pressure and Temperature Dynamics in a PEM Fuel Cell,” Journal of Electrochemical Society, Vol. 157(1), pp. B45-B53, 2010.
Cetegen, B. M. and Basu, S., “Review of Modeling of Liquid Precursor Droplets and Particles Injected into Plasmas and High Velocity Oxy-Fuel (HVOF) Flame Jets for Thermal Spray Applications,” Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, DOI: 10.1007/s11666-009-9365-7, 2009.
Chaudhuri, S., Mukhopadhyay A., Biswas, M. S., Cetegen, B. M. and Basu, S., “Control of Combustion in a Thermally Stabilized Burner,” PIMECHE Journal of Power and Energy, Vol. 223(A2), pp. 127-139, 2009.