Department of Physics
2152 Hillside Road
Storrs, CT 06269-3046
Phone: (860) 486-0444
Email: email@example.com Web: http://www.phys.uconn.edu/people/faculty/storrs/wells/
- Ph.D., Applied Physics, Stanford University, 1992
- M.S., Applied Physics, Stanford University, 1990
- B.S., Physics, Stanford University, 1986
- Early studies of the symmetry of the superconducting gap in copper oxide superconductors with angular-resolved photoemission
- Dispersion of a single hole in an insulating copper-oxide – parent material to high temperature superconductors
- Studies of oxygen staging and large-scale electronic phase separation in oxygen doped La2-xSrxCuO4+y high temperature superconductor
- Control of structural phase transitions via strain and epitaxy in ferroelectric and related films
- Separation of finite-size and strain effects on the magnetism of ferromagnetic oxide films
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2003-2009
- Cottrell Scholar by Research Corporation, 2002-2007
- Sloan Foundation Research Fellow, 2000-2002
L. Udby, N. H. Andersen, F. C. Chou, N. B. Christensen, S. B. Emery, K. Lefmann, J. W. Lynn, H. E. Mohottala, Ch. Niedermayer, and B. O. Wells, “Magnetic Ordering in Electronically Phase-Separated La2-xSrxCuO4+y : Neutron Diffraction Experiments,” Phys. Rev. B 80, 014505 (2009).
C. K. Xie, J. I. Budnick, W. A. Hines, B. O. Wells, and J. C. Woicik, “Strain-Induced Change in Local Structure and its Effect on the Ferromagnetic Properties of La0.5Sr0.5CoO3 Thin Films,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 93, 182507 (2008).
C. K. Xie, J. I. Budnick, W. A. Hines, B. O. Wells, Feizhou He, and A. R. Moodenbaugh, “Direct Evidence for the Suppression of Charge Stripes in Epitaxial La1.67Sr0.33NiO4 Films,” Phys. Rev. B 77, 201403(R) (2008).
Hashini E. Mohottala, Barrett O. Wells, Joseph I. Budnick, William A. Hines, Christof Niedermayer, Christian Bernhard, Arnold. R. Moodenbaugh, Fang-Cheng Chou, “Electronic Phase Separation in La2-xSrxCuO4+y Nature Materials5,” 378 (2006).
F. He, B. O. Wells, and S. M. Shapiro, “Strain Phase Diagram and Domain Orientation in SrTiO3 Thin Films,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 176101 (2005).