Department of Physics
2152 Hillside Road
Storrs, CT 06269-3046
Phone: (860) 486-3542
Email: email@example.com Web: http://www.phys.uconn.edu/people/faculty/storrs/dormidontova/
- Ph.D., Physics and Mathematics, Moscow State University, Moscow, 1994
- M.Sc., Physics, Moscow State University, Moscow, 1991
- Theoretical and computational soft matter physics with emphasis on the thermodynamics and kinetics of macromolecular self-assembly
- Polymer modified nanoparticles and their interactions with cell surfaces via ligand-receptor recognition
- Macromolecular and surfactant micelles
- Self-assembling macromolecules and networks
- Macromolecular adsorption and phase behavior
- Climo Professorship for Case Western University School of Engineering, 2007-2010
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2004-2010
S. Wang; E. E. Dormidontova “Selective Targeting by Polymer Nanoparticles: Computer Modeling” Phys. Rev. Letters 109, 238102, 2012.
Z. Li, E. E. Dormidontova “Equilibrium Chain Exchange Kinetics in Block Copolymer Micelle Solutions by Dissipative Particle Dynamics Simulations” Soft Matter, 7, 4179-4188, 2011.
S. Wang; E. E. Dormidontova “Nanoparticle Targeting Using Multivalent Ligands: Computer Modeling” Soft Matter, 2011,7, 4435-4445, 2011.
Z. Li, H. Djohari E.E. Dormidontova “Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Supramolecular Polymer Rheology” J. Chem. Phys. 133, 184904,2010 – selected for the November 15, 2010 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research and November 22, 2010 issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology.
S. Wang, E. E. Dormidontova“Nanoparticle Design Optimization for Enhanced Targeting: Monte Carlo Simulations” Biomacromolecules 11, 1785–1795, 2010.
Z. Li, E.E. Dormidontova “Kinetics of Diblock Copolymer Micellization by Dissipative Particle Dynamics” Macromolecules, 43, 3521-3531, 2010.
S. Wang; E. E. Dormidontova, “Switchable Metallo-Supramolecular Networks Through Cis- Trans- Isomerization” Soft Matter, 6, 1004 -1014, 2010.
H. Djohari, E. E. Dormidontova “Kinetics of Nanoparticle Targeting by Dissipative Particle Dynamics Simulations” Biomacromolecules, 10, 3089–3097, 2009.
M. Hagy, S. Wang, E. E. Dormidontova “Optimization of Functionalized Polymer Layers for Specific Targeting of Mobile Receptors on Cell Surfaces” Langmuir, 24, 13037-13047, 2008.
S. Wang, C.-C .Chen, E.E. Dormidontova “Reversible Association and Gelation in 3:1 Ligand-Metal Polymer Solutions” Soft Matter, 4, 2039–2053, 2008.