Department of Materials Science & Engineering
97 North Eagleville Road, Unit 3136
Storrs, CT 06269-3136
Phone: (860) 486-2922
- Princeton University, Post-Doctoral Research Associate, 1993-1994
- Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University, 1993
- Electroceramic materials and devices
- Processing-property relations in dielectric and piezoelectric ceramics
- Electrical, thermal and structural properties measurement in ceramics and thin films
- Theory of phase transformations and physical phenomena in ferroelectric crystals
- Recognized by the Editorial Board of Applied Physics Letters for outstanding service and dedication to the journal, 2013
- Keynote Speaker, High Temperature Materials Conference, Boston, MA, 2011
- Visiting Lecturer, Functional Ceramics Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany, 2009
- Plenary Lecturer, 13th US-Japan Seminar on Dielectric and Piezoelectric Ceramics, Awaji, Japan, 2007
- Appointed Research Affiliate of the Department of Material Science and Engineering at MIT, 2002
- Elected to Sigma ΧΙ, The Scientific Research Society, 1999
- Winner, Prix du Séminaire de la Recherche, Saint-Gobain Worldwide Corporate Research Prize, 1996
Pérez-Moyet, J. Stace, A. Amin, P. Finkel and G. A. Rossetti, Jr., “Non-resonant electromechanical energy harvesting using inter-ferroelectric phase transitions,” Appl. Phys. Lett., 107, 172901, 1-5 (2015).
Acosta, N. Novak, G. A. Rossetti, Jr. and J. Rödel, “Mechanisms of electromechanical response in (1−x)Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3-x(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3 ceramics,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 107, 142906, 1-5 (2015).
Acosta, N. Khakpash, T. Someya, N. Novak, W. Jo, H. Nagata, G. A. Rossetti, Jr. and J. Rödel, “Origin of the large piezoelectric activity in (1−x)Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3-x(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3 ceramics,” Phys. Rev. B 91, 104108, 1-11 (2015).
Khakpash, H. Khassaf, G. A. Rossetti, Jr. and S. P. Alpay, “Misfit strain phase diagrams of epitaxial PMN–PT films,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 106, 082905, 1-5 (2015).
D. Huan, V. Sharma, G. A. Rossetti, Jr. and R. Ramprasad, “Pathways towards ferroelectricity in hafnia,” Phys. Rev. B 90, 064111, 1-5 (2014).
“Thermodynamics of ferroelectric solid solutions with morphotropic phase boundaries”, A. A. Heitmann and G. A. Rossetti, Jr., J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 97: 1661–1685 (2014).
“Constitutive modeling of electrothermal properties in polar dielectric materials and thin films,” J. Zhang, S. P. Alpay and G. A. Rossetti, Jr., in Electrocaloric Materials: New Generation of Coolers, edited by T. Correia and Q. Zhang, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp. 17-45 (2014).
“Challenges and opportunities for multi-functional oxide thin films for voltage tunable radio frequency/microwave components”, G. Subramanyam, M. W. Cole, N. X. Sun, T. S. Kalkur, N. M. Sbrockey, G. S. Tompa, X. Guo, C. Chen, S. P. Alpay, G. A. Rossetti, Jr., K. Dayal, L.-Q. Chen, and D. Schlom, J. Appl. Phys.-Appl. Phys. Rev., 114: 191301, 1-35 (2013).
“Influence of uniaxial stress on the ferroelectric-to-paraelectric phase change in barium titanate”, F. H. Schader, E. Aulbach, K. G. Webber and G. A. Rossetti, Jr., J. Appl. Phys. 113: 174103, 1-9 (2013).
“Comprehensive examination of dopants and defects in BaTiO3 from first principles”, V. Sharma, G. Pilania, G. A. Rossetti, Jr., K. Slenes and R. Ramprasad, Phys. Rev. B 87: 134109, 1-7 (2013).