- Postdoctoral Fellow, Dept. of Chemistry, Northwestern University, 2013 – 2015
- Ph.D., Chemistry, University of Colorado, 2012
- B.S. , Biochemistry, Boston College, 2006
- Preserving biomolecule structure and function at inorganic nanoparticle surfaces
- Enzyme-mediated assembly of nanomaterials
- Nucleic acid aptamer selections for enhanced specificity in binding and catalysis applications
- siRNA, catalytic nucleic acids and the design of novel drug delivery approaches
- Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) Postdoctoral Fellowship in Pharmaceutics (2014)
- National Research Council (NRC) Postdoctoral Fellowship, National Institute of Standards and Technology (declined) 2012
Soyoung E. Seo, Mary X. Wang, Chad M. Shade, Jessica L. Rouge, Keith Brown and Chad A. Mirkin. “Modulating the Bond Strength of DNA-Nanoparticle Superlattices.” ACS Nano, 2016, 10, 1771-1779.
Jessica L. Rouge, Timothy M. Sita, Liangliang Hao, Chad A. Mirkin. “Ribozyme-Spherical Nucleic Acids.” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 10528-10531
Jessica L. Rouge, Liangliang Hao, Xiaochen A. Wu, William E. Briley, and Chad A. Mirkin. “Spherical Nucleic Acids as a Divergent platform for assembling RNA-Nanoparticle constructs through Enzymatic Ligation.” ACS Nano, 2014, 8, 8837-8843.
Jessica L. Rouge, Bruce E. Eaton, Daniel L. Feldheim. “Biomolecules in the Synthesis and Assembly of Materials for Energy Applications.” J. Energy & Environ. Sci. 2011, 4, 398 – 402.
Thomas A. Baker, Jessica L. Rouge, David J. Nesbitt. “Single molecule studies of quantum dot fluorescence intermittency: evidence for both dark and light-assisted blinking dynamics” Mol. Phys., 2009, 107, 1867-1878
Chad J. Dooley, Jessica Rouge, Nan Ma, Michael Invernale and Shana O. Kelley. “Nucleotide-stabilized cadmium sulfide nanoparticles.” J. Mater. Chem., 2007, 17, 1687-1691.