Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
University of Connecticut
261 Glenbrook Road Unit 2037,
Storrs, CT, 06269-2037
Phone: (860) 486-2074
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, University of Leipzig, 2008
- Diploma in Civil Engineering, University of Leipzig, 2002
- Abitur, Georg-Cantor-Gymnasium Halle, 1996
- Ultra high performance fiber reinforced concrete (UHP-FRC)
- High strain rate and impact resistance of cementitious materials
- Concrete exposed to high temperature
- Sustainable concrete pavement systems
- Seven-Week Postdoctoral Short-Course on College Teaching in Science and Engineering , 2010
- Extension of DAAD Postdoctoral Scholarship for Additional 7 Months to Study Strain Rate Effects, 2009
- DAAD, 17 Month Postdoctoral Scholarship Supporting the Research Project “Load Carrying Behavior of Ultra High Performance Fibre Reinforced Concrete subjected to Tensile Loading with special Focus on Fibre Orientation” , 2008
- Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement from the University of Leipzig, 2002
Wille, K., Tue, V.T., “Tensile Load Capacity Analysis of Perforated Reinforcement Sheet,” Materials and Structures, published online Sept. 5th 2013, DOI 10.1617/s11527-013-0169-3.
Wille, K., Tue, V.T., Parra-Montesinos, G.J. “Fiber Distribution and Orientation in UHP-FRC Beams and Their Effect on Backward Analysis,” Materials and Structures, published online Aug. 23rd 2013, DOI 10.1617/s11527-013-0153-y.
Wille, K., Naaman, A.E., “Effect of Ultra-High-Performance Concrete on Pullout Behavior of High-Strength Brass-Coated Straight Steel Fibers,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 110, No. 4, pp. 451 – 462, July-August 2013.
Wille, K., Naaman, A.E., “Pullout Behavior of High-Strength Steel Fibers Embedded in Ultra-High-Performance Concrete,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 109, No. 4, July – August 2012, pp. 479 – 488.
Wille, K., Parra-Montesinos, G., “Effect of Beam Size, Casting Method, and Support Conditions on Flexural Behavior of Ultra-High-Performance Fiber-Reinforced Concrete,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 109, No. 3, May – June 2012, pp. 379 – 388.
Wille, K., Naaman, A.E., El-Tawil, S., Parra-Montesinos, G.J. “Ultra-High Performance Concrete and Fiber Reinforced Concrete: Achieving Strength and Ductility Without Heat Treatment,” Materials and Structures, published online Aug. 27th 2011, in Journal Vol. 45, No. 3, 2012, pp. 309 – 324.
Wille, K., Naaman, A.E., El-Tawil, S., “Ultra High Performance Fiber Reinforced Concrete (UHP-FRC) Record Performance under Tensile Loading,” Concrete International, Vol. 33, No. 9, Sept. 2011, pp. 35 – 41.
Kim, D., Wille, K., El-Tawil, S., Naaman, A.E., “Testing of Cementitious Materials Under High-Strain-Rate Tensile Loading Using Elastic Strain Energy,” ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 137, No. 4, April 1st 2011, pp. 268 – 275.
Wille, K., Naaman, A.E., Parra-Montesinos, G., “Ultra High Performance Concrete with Compressive Strength Exceeding 150 MPa (22 KSI): A Simpler Way,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 108, No. 1, January – February 2011, pp. 46 – 54.
Wille, K., Kim, D., Naaman, A. E., “Strain-Hardening UHP-FRC with Low Fiber Contents,” Materials and Structures, published online Aug. 4th 2010, in Journal Vol. 44, No. 3, 2011, pp. 583 – 598.