Department of Physics
- Ph.D., Chemical Physics, University of Puerto Rico, 2004
- M.S., Physics, Shri Sahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur, India, 1998
- B.S., Physics and Mathematics, Shri Sahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur, India, 1996
- Manganite films with colossal magnetoresistance properties
- Manganite: insulator composite films with ‘low-field magnetoresistance’ for magnetic field sensors
- Magnetoelectric multiferroics
- Magnetic Ferrite nanoparticles
- Ferroelectric thin films
- Nitride films
- Recipient of Award of Excellence from the group leader of the Superconductivity Technology Center of MPA Division in Los Alamos National Laboratory, April, 2006 & 2008.
- Received Director’s Funded Postdoctoral Fellowship in Los Alamos National Laboratory in April 2005.
- Recipient of the National Science Foundation (NSF)-EPSCoR graduate fellowship, 2003-2004.
- Recipient of NSF Fellowship, 2001-2003.
- Awarded second prize, “The Ceramograhic competition of The American Ceramic Society”, at the annual meeting of ACerS, St. Louis, April, 2002.
- Honor student award for being among the top five percent of graduate students of the University of Puerto Rico, August, 2001.
- First prize winner of the poster presentation competition at the NASA/DoD sponsored Ferroelectric Workshop, Puerto Rico, June, 2001.
- Recipient of the “Smt. Shyam Lata Nigam Memorial Scholarship award” for securing the highest marks in all the colleges in master degree, Christ Church College, Kanpur, India, 1997.
Highly piezoelectric, biodegradable and flexible amino acid nanofibers for medical applications, M. T. Chorsi, Thinh T. Le, Feng Lin, Tra Vinikoor, R. Das, J. F. Stevens, C. Mundrane, J. Park, K. T. M. Tran, Y. Liu, J. Pfund, R. Thompson, W. He, Jain, M. D. Morales-Acosta, O. R. Bilal, K. Kazerounian, H. Ilies, Thanh D. Nguyen, Science Advance, (2023). (Accepted)
Microwave Hydrothermal Synthesis of Mesoporous First-Row Transition Metal Ferrites, L. A. Achola, S. Shubhashish, Z. Tobin, Yue Su, L. F. Posada, Y. Dang, J. Shi, A. G. Meguerdichian, M. Jain, and S. L. Suib, Chemistry of Materials, (2022).
Structural and electronic properties of rare earth chromites: A computational and experimental study, J. Shi (G), Gayanath W. Fernando, Y. Dang (G), S.L. Suib, and M. Jain, Physical Review B, 106 (2022) 165117. https://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.106.165117
Comparison of the dielectric and magnetocaloric properties of bulk and film of GdFe0.5Cr0.5O3, J. Shi, M.S. Seehra, Y. Dang, S. L. Suib, and M. Jain, J. of Applied Physics, 129 (2021) 243904 (2021).
Structure-property correlations and scaling in the magnetic and magnetocaloric properties of GdCrO3 particles, J. Shi, T. Sauyet, Y. Dang, S. L. Suib, M. S. Seehra, and M. Jain, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 33 (2021) 205801.
Spin dynamics and relaxation in 7.6 nm thin film of La7Sr0.3MnO3/SrTiO3: ac magnetic susceptibility and magnetic viscosity investigations, N. Mottaghi, M. S. Seehra, J. Shi, M. Jain and M. B. Holcomb, Journal of Applied Physics, 128 (2020) 073903.
Lattice Dynamics of Barium Titanate: Single Crystal, Ceramic and Polycrystalline Film, A. Maslova, Y. I. Yuzyuk , M. Jain, and S. A. Barannikova, Physica Status Solidi B, 257 (2020) 1900762.
Antiferromagnetic and dielectric behavior in polycrystalline GdFe5Cr0.5O3thin film, J. Shi, M. Johnson, M. Zhang, P. X. Gao, and M. Jain, Applied Physics Letters Materials, 8 (2020) 031106.
Crystalline Mesoporous Perovskite-Type Oxides: Porosity-Controlled Electromagnetic Response, L. Jin, X. Su, J. Shi, K.C. Shih, D. Cintron, T. Cai, Mu-Ping Nieh, Ou Chen, S. L. Suib, M Jain, and J. He, Advanced Functional Materials, 30 (2020) 1909491.
Enhanced Visible-Light-Assisted Peroxymonosulfate Activation on Cobalt-Doped Mesoporous Iron oxide for Orange II Degradation, L. A. Achola, A. Ghebrehiwet, J. Macharia, P. Kerns, J. He, J. Fee, C. Tinson, J. Shi, S. March, M. Jain, and S.L. Suib, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 263 (2020) 118332.