Civil and Environmental Engineering
Institute of Materials Science
IMS Polymer Program
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Aerospace Engineering & Engineering Mechanics, The University of Texas at Austin (2021-2022)
- Ph.D., Dual Major – Civil Engineering & Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University (2020)
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (2016)
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (2009)
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (2007)
- Computational modeling of polymer systems
- Multi-scale and micro-mechanical modeling of materials
- Mechanical properties of materials
Awards and Honors
- NSF Fellowship to attend Mechanistic Machine Learning and Digital Twins for Computational Science & Engineering Conference (2021)
- Fitch H. Beach Award for Outstanding Graduate Research College of Engineering, Michigan State University (2020)
- Most Outstanding Researcher Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Michigan State University (2020)
- Akbari, R., V. Morovati, R. Dargazany. “Reverse physically motivated frameworks for investigation of strain energy function in rubber-like elasticity.” International Journal of Mechanical Sciences (2022): 107110.
- Bahrololoumi, A., V. Morovati, M. Shaafaey, R. Dargazany. “A multi-physics approach on modeling of hygrothermal aging and its effects on constitutive behavior of cross-linked polymers.” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 156 (2021): 104614.
- Morovati, V., A. Bahrololoumi, R. Dargazany. “Fatigue-Induced Stress-Softening in Cross-Linked Multi-network elastomers: Effect of Damage Accumulation.” International Journal of Plasticity 142 (2021): 102993.
- Ghaderi, A., V. Morovati, R. Dargazany. “A Bayesian Surrogate Constitutive Model to Estimate Failure Probability of Elastomers.” Mechanics of Materials 162 (2021): 104044.
- Mohammadi, H., V. Morovati, AE. Korayem, E. Poshtan, R. Dargazany. “Constitutive Modeling of elastomers during photo and thermo-oxidative aging.”, Polymer Degradation and Stability 191 (2021): 109663.
- Bahrololoumi, A., H. Mohammadi, V. Morovati, R. Dargazany. “A Physically-Based Model for Thermo-Oxidative and Hydrolytic Aging of Elastomers.” International Journal of Mechanical Sciences 194 (2021): 106193.
- Morovati, V., M.A. Saadat, R. Dargazany. “Necking of Double Network gels: Constitutive modeling with micro-structural insight.” Physical Review E, 102, no. 6 (2020): 062501.
- Ghaderi, A., V. Morovati, R. Dargazany. “A Physics-informed Assembly of Feed-Forward Neural Network Engines to Predict Inelasticity in Cross-Linked Polymers.” Polymers (2020), 12, 2628.
- Bahrololoumi, A., V. Morovati, E. Poshtan, R. Dargazany. “A Multi-physics Constitutive Model to Predict Quasi-static Behaviour: Hydrolytic Aging in Thin Cross-linked Polymers.” International Journal of Plasticity 130 (2020): 102676.
- Mohammadi, H., V. Morovati, E. Poshtan, R. Dargazany. “Understanding Decay Functions and their contribution in Modeling of Thermal-induced Aging of Cross-linked Polymers.” Polymer Degradation and Stability 175 (2020): 109108.
|Mailing Address||25 King Hill Road, Unit 3136, Storrs, CT 06269-3136|
|Office Location||Science 1 - MZ1005|