- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Minnesota, 2004-2006
- Ph.D. University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- M.Sc. Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India
- Synthesize, characterize, and, thereby, achieve a fundamental understanding of new polymer-based organic and hybrid materials comprising tailored architecture and functionality.
- Development of new synthetic methodologies, modification of existing synthetic routes, multidisciplinary approach to structure-property evaluation, and advanced characterization tools are the overriding factors to rational material design.
- The general research focus areas will include steroid-based biocompatible polymers, responsive materials composed of ionic polymer organogels, and mono or bimetallic inorganic organic hybrid materials.
- Harnessing self-assembly and supramolecular chemistry that occur in the neat and solution states of these well-tailored functional materials, we seek to better understand and resolve some of the issues currently observed in targeted drug delivery vehicles, polyelectrolyte membranes, sensors, and responsive materials.
- MRS Boston 2010 Best Poster Award – Suk-kyun Ahn and Rajeswari M Kasi, 2010
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2008
- Graduate Admission Test for Engineers (GATE), All India Entrance Examination in Chemistry, Ranked 3 (declined fellowship), 1998
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)/University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India Fellowship (declined fellowship), 1998
- Merit Scholarship, Department of Chemistry, IIT Madras, India, 8/1996-6/1998
- University Rank, University of Madras, India, 1996
Ndaya, D.; Bosire, R.; Mahajan, L.; Huh, S.; Kasi, R.M. Synthesis of Ordered, Functional, Robust Nanoporous Membranes from Liquid Crystalline Brush-like Triblock Copolymers. Polymer Chemistry, 2018, 9, 1404-1411.
Ghimire, A.; Pattammattel, A.; Maher, C.; Kasi, R.M.; Kumar, C.V. 3-Dimensional Enzyme Biohydrogel for Improved Bioelectocatalysis. Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2017, 9, 42556-42565.
Gopinadhan, M.; Choo, Y.; Kaufman, G.; Rokhlenko, Y.; Mahajan, L.; Ndaya, D.; Kasi, R.M.; Osuji, C.O. Directing block copolymer self-assembly with permanent magnets: photopatterning microdomain alignment and generating oriented nanopores. Molecular Systems Design & Engineering, 2017, 2, 549-559.
Gopinadhan, M.; Choo, Y.; Kawatab, K.; Kaufman, G.; Feng, X.; Di, X.; Rokhlenko, Y.; Mahajan, L.; Ndaya, D.; Kasi, R.M.; Osuji, C.O. Controlling orientational order in block copolymers using low intensity magnetic fields. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2017, 114, E9437-E9444.
Mahajan, L.; Ndaya, D.; Deshmukh, P.; Peng, X.; Gopinadhan, M.; Osuji, C.O.; Kasi, R.M. Optically Active Elastomers from Liquid Crystalline Comb Copolymers with Dual Physical and Chemical Crosslinks. Macromolecules, 2017, 50, 5929-5939.
Deshmukh, P.; Yoon, H.; Cho, S.; Yoon, S.Y.; Zore, O.V.; Kim, T.; Chung, I. Ahn, S-k.; Kasi, R.M. Impact of Poly(ε-caprolactone) Architecture on the Thermomechanical and Shape Memory Properties. Journal of Polymer Science, Polymer Chemistry: Part A, 2017, 55, 3424–3433.
Zore, O.; Pande, P.; Oghenenyerovwo, O.; Basu, A.K.; Kasi, R.M.; Kumar, C.V. NanoArmoring: Strategies for Preparation of Multi-Catalytic Enzyme Polymer Conjugates and Enhancement of High Temperature Biocatalysis. RSC Advances, 2017, 7, 29563 – 29574.
Gonzalez-Fajardo, L.; Mahajan, L.H.; Ndaya, D.; Hargrove, D.; Manautou, J.E.; Liang, B.T.; Chen, M-C.; Kasi, R.M.; Lu; X. Reduced in vivo toxicity of doxorubicin by encapsulation in cholesterol-containing self-assembled nanoparticles. Pharmacological Research, 2016, 107, 93-101.
Riccardi, C.M.; Mistri, D.; Hart, O.; Anuganti, M.; Lin, Y.; Kasi, R.M.; Kumar, C.V. Covalent interlocking of glucose oxidase and peroxidase in the voids of paper: enzyme–polymer “spider webs.” Chemical Communications, 2016, 52, 2593-2596.