UConn Health Center
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06030
Phone: (860) 486-3955
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://facultydirectory.uchc.edu/profile?profileId=Kumbar-Sangamesh
- Ph.D., Karnatak University
- M.Sc., Karnatak University
- B.Sc., Karnatak University
- Synthesis and characterization of novel biomaterials/polymers for tissue engineering and drug delivery applications
- Developing novel drug delivery systems comprised of hydrogels, nano/micro particulate system and nanofibers for variety of biomedical applications
- Tissue engineering seeks to design tissue substitutes for clinical use to overcome the limitations associated with autografts and allografts
- Develop mechanically competent, porous, 3-D scaffolds functionalized with nanofiber structures of natural origin for bone repair and regeneration applications
- Develop injectable particulate chemotherapeutic agent’s delivery systems
- Research Fellowship, 2000-2002
- Obtained Prof. E S. Jayadevappa Memorial Gold Medal (for being 1st rank in MSc.)
- National Merit Scholarship, 1982-1994
Aravamudhan, A., Ramos, D.M., Jenkins, N. R., Dyment, N.A., Sanders, M.M., Rowe, D., and Kumbar, S.G.* Collagen nanofibril self-assembly on a natural polymeric material for the osteoinduction of stem cells in vitro and biocompatibility in vivo, RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 80851-80866.
Lee, P., Manoukian, O.S., Zhou, G., Wang, Y., Chang, W., Yu, X and Kumbar, S.G.* Osteochondral Scaffold Combined with Aligned Nanofibrous Scaffolds for Cartilage Regeneration. RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 72246-72255.
Lee, P., Tran, K., Zhou, G., Bedi, A., Shelke, N.B., Yu, X* and Kumbar, S.G.* Guided Differentiation of Bone Marrow Stromal Cells on Co-Cultured Cartilage and Bone Scaffolds. Soft Matter, 2015, 11, 7648-7655.
Lee, P., Tran, K., Chang, W., Fang, S., Shelke, N.B., Yu, X*, and Kumbar, S.G.* Bioactive Polymeric Scaffolds for Osteochondral Tissue Engineering: In vitro Evaluation of the Effect of Culture Media on Bone Marrow Stromal Cells. Polym. Adv. Tech., 2015, 26, 1476–1485.
Shelke, N.B., Lee, P., Anderson, M., Mistry, N., Nagarale, R.K, Ma, X.M., Yu, X. and Kumbar, S.G.* Nanofiber-Hydrogel Based Composite Scaffolds for Nerve Regeneration. Polym. Adv. Tech., 2015, 27, 42–51.
Guadalupe E., Ramos D.M., Shelke N.B., James R., Gibney C., and Kumbar, S.G.* Bioactive Polymeric Nanofiber Dressings for Wound Healing. J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 2015, 132, 41879.
Jaiswal D., James, R., Shelke N.B., Harmon M.D., Brown J. L., Hussain F., and Kumbar, S.G.* Gelatin Nanofiber Matrices Derived from Schiff Base Derivative for Tissue Engineering Applications. J. Biomed. Nanotechnol., 2015, 11 (11) 2067-2080.
James, R., Nagarale, R.K., Sachan, V., Badalucco, C., Bhattacharya P., and Kumbar, S.G.* Synthesis and Characterization of Electrically Conducting Polymers for Regenerative Engineering Applications: Sulfonated Ionic Membranes. Polym. Adv. Tech., 2014, 25, 1439–1445.
Lee, P., Tran, K., Chang, W., Shelke, N.B., Kumbar, S.G.* and Yu, X*. Influence of Chondroitin Sulfate and Hyaluronic Acid Presence in Nanofibers and Its Alignment on the Bone Marrow Stromal Cells: Cartilage Regeneration. J. Biomed. Nanotechnology, 2014, 10 (8), 1469-1479.
Nada, A.A., James, R., Shelke, N.B., Harmon, M.D., Awad, H. M., Nagarale, R. K., Kumbar, S.G.* A Smart Methodology to Fabricate Electrospun Chitosan Nanofiber Matrices for Regenerative Engineering Applications. Polym. Adv. Tech., 2014, 25 (5), 507-515.