Assistant Professor in Residence
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
261 Glenbrook Road, Unit 3037
Storrs, CT 06269-3037
Office: Engineering II 309
Phone: (860) 486-0540
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://smart.engr.uconn.edu
- Ph.D. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2010
- Structural Dynamics and Experimental Dynamics
- Structural Health Monitoring Algorithms
- Long-term Bridge Health Monitoring
- Wireless Smart Sensor Technology
- Finite Element Modeling and Model Updating
- Railway Monitoring
- Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- RFID-based Crack Monitoring
- The 2014 JM Ko Medal of Advances in Structural Engineering (2014)
- ASCE, Excellence in Civil Engineering Education (ExCEEd) fellowship (2012)
Jin, C., Jang, S., Sun, X. (2016) “An integrated real-time structural damage detection method based on extended Kalman filter and dynamic statistical process control,” Advances in Structural engineering, doi: 10.1177/1369433216658484, http://ase.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/07/04/1369433216658484 (published online).
Eskew, E., Jang, S. (2016) “Remaining stiffness estimation of buildings using incomplete measurements”, Structural Control and Health Monitoring. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/stc.1899/abstract (published online).
Jin, C., Jang, S., Sun, X., Li, J., Christenson, R. (2016) “Damage detection of a full-scale highway bridge under severe temperature changes using state-space-aided machine learning”, Journal of Civil Structural Health Monitoring, 6: 545-560. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13349-016-0173-8.
Jang, S., Dahal, S.* (2015) “Full-scale application of Stochastic DLV method for highway bridge health monitoring”, Advances in Structural Engineering. (accepted)
Quinones, M.M.**, Montejo, L., Jang, S. (2015). “Experimental and numerical evaluation of wavelet based damage detection methodologies.” Int. J. Adv. Struct. Eng. 7 (1), 69-80.
Eskew, E.*, Jang, S. (2014). “Damage Assessment of a Building subjected to a Terrorist Attack.” Advances in Structural Engineering 17(11)1963-1704.