Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
97 North Eagleville Road, Unit 3136
Storrs, CT 06269-3136
Phone: (860) 486-9060
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Webcasts: Making Biodiesel Fuel at UConn Biodiesel Fuel Conversion Experiment: Flash | Making Biodiesel Fuel at UConn
- Ph.D., UCLA, 1990
- Biofuels Production and Separations
- Renewable Polymers and Composites
- Interface Engineering
- UConn Environmental Achievement Award, 2007
- Pioneering Nanotechnology Competition Certificate of High Merit, 2007
- Katholieke Universiteit Senior Fellowship, 2001
- Fulbright Scholar, 2000
- Int. Conference on Automated Composites, Best paper, 1999
- Programming Committee – Nat’l. Academy of Engineering Frontiers of Engineering, 1997-1998
- Society of Plastics Engineers, ANTEC Meeting, Best Paper, 1995, 1998, 2000
- Department of Commerce, NIST Bronze Medal, 1993
- RAND – UCLA Fellowship, 1987 and 1988
- UCLA Distinguished Scholar, 1987
- Fannie and John Hertz Fellowship, 1986
S.Y. Li, R. Srivastava, S.L. Suib, Y. Li and R.S. Parnas, Performance of batch, fed-batch, and continuous A-B-E fermentation with pH-control, Bioresource Technol., 102, 4241–50 2011.
Y. Sharma, R.S. Parnas and B. Li, Bioenergy Production from Glycerol in Hydrogen Producing Bioreactors (HPBs) and Microbial Fuel Cells (MFCs), Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 36(6), 3853-3861, 2011.
S.Y. Li, R. Srivastava and R.S. Parnas, Study of in situ 1-butanol Pervaporation from A-B-E Fermentation Using a PDMS Composite Membrane: Validity of Solution-Diffusion Model for Pervaporative A-B-E Fermentation, Biotechnology Progress, 27(1), 111-20, 2011.
S.Y. Li, J.D. Stuart, Y. Li and R.S. Parnas, The feasibility of converting Cannabis sativa L. oil into biodiesel, Bioresource Technol., 101, 8457-60, 2010.
S.Y. Li, R. Srivastava and R.S. Parnas, Separation of 1-butanol by pervaporation using a novel PDMS/PE composite membrane, J. Membrane Sci., 363, 287–94, 2010.
S.U. Unker, M.B. Boucher, K.R. Hawley, J.D. Stuart and R.S. Parnas, Investigation into the relationship between the gravity vector and the flow vector to improve performance in two-phase continuous flow biodiesel reactor, Bioresource Technol., 101, 7389-96, 2010.
J.Dong, A.D. Asandei and R.S. Parnas, Aqueous Electrospinning of Wheat Gluten Fibers with Thiolated Additives, Polymer, 51, 3164-72, 2010.
W.A.G. McPhee, M. Boucher, J. Stuart, R.S. Parnas, M. Koslowske, T. Tao, and B.A. Wilhite, Demonstration of a Liquid-Tin Anode Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell (LTA-SOFC) Operating from Bio-diesel Fuel, Energy Fuels, 23(10), 5036–41, 2009.
P. Brooker, P. Baker, H. Kunz, L. Bonville, and R. Parnas, Effects of Heteropolyacid Addition to the Electrodes of Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells, J. Electrochem. Soc., 156(11), B1317-21, 2009.
M. B. Boucher, C. Weed, N. E. Leadbeater, B. A. Wilhite, J. D. Stuart, R. S. Parnas, Pilot Scale Two-Phase Continuous Flow Biodiesel Production via Novel Laminar Flow Reactor-Separator, Energy Fuels, 23(5), 2750– 2756, 2009.