Institute of Materials Science (IMS)
97 North Eagleville Road, Unit 3136
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT 06269-3136
Hours: 8:00a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Main Office: Room 107 (1st floor)
The IMS building is just before the North parking garage (NPRK) on North Eagleville Road. Enter the building at the corner bordering North Eagleville. Go up one flight, either on the stairs or the elevator. Enter through the door marked “IMS” and proceed down the hallway to the Main Office, Room 107.
From the West (heading from New York):
- Take Interstate 84 East to Exit 68.
- From exit, turn right onto Route 195, 7 miles to UConn.
- Turn right on North Eagleville Road.
Please note: GPS devices may recommend to follow Route 44 and take Bone Mill Road. Do not turn onto Bone Mill Road; follow Route 44 and turn right on Route 195. The Storrs campus is 1.5 miles on the right.
From the East (heading from Boston toward Hartford):
- Take Interstate 84 West to Exit 68.
- From exit, turn left onto Route 195, and follow directions above.
From the Southeast (heading from Rhode Island):
- Take Interstate 95 to 395 North.
- Take Exit 81 West to Route 32 North.
- Follow Route 32 North to Willimantic.
- In town, turn right and go over the frog bridge.
- Continue straight through the light and follow 195 North for 8 miles to campus.
- Turn left on North Eagleville Road.
If you are coming to meet with IMS faculty, bring your parking stub in with you so it can be validated for complimentary parking.