- Ph.D., Chemical Physics, University of Puerto Rico, 2004
- M.S., Physics, Shri Sahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur, India, 1998
- B.S., Physics and Mathematics, Shri Sahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur, India, 1996
- Manganite films with colossal magnetoresistance properties
- Manganite: insulator composite films with ‘low-field magnetoresistance’ for magnetic field sensors
- Magnetoelectric multiferroics
- Magnetic Ferrite nanoparticles
- Ferroelectric thin films
- Nitride films
- Recipient of Award of Excellence from the group leader of the Superconductivity Technology Center of MPA Division in Los Alamos National Laboratory, April, 2006 & 2008.
- Received Director’s Funded Postdoctoral Fellowship in Los Alamos National Laboratory in April 2005.
- Recipient of the National Science Foundation (NSF)-EPSCoR graduate fellowship, 2003-2004.
- Recipient of NSF Fellowship, 2001-2003.
- Awarded second prize, “The Ceramograhic competition of The American Ceramic Society”, at the annual meeting of ACerS, St. Louis, April, 2002.
- Honor student award for being among the top five percent of graduate students of the University of Puerto Rico, August, 2001.
- First prize winner of the poster presentation competition at the NASA/DoD sponsored Ferroelectric Workshop, Puerto Rico, June, 2001.
- Recipient of the “Smt. Shyam Lata Nigam Memorial Scholarship award” for securing the highest marks in all the colleges in master degree, Christ Church College, Kanpur, India, 1997.
Switchable 3-0 Magnetoelectric Nanocomposite Thin Film with High Coupling, A. McDannald, L. Ye, C. Cantoni, G. Sreenivasulu, B. D. Huey, and M. Jain, Nanoscale, 9 (2017) 3246.
Particle size dependence of the magnetic and magneto-caloric properties of HoCrO3, S. Yin, T. Sauyet, M. S. Seehra, and M. Jain, J. Applied Physics, 121, 063902 (2017).
Magnetic and magneto-caloric properties of HoCrO3 tuned by selective rare-earth doping, S. Yin, M.S. Seehra, C.J. Guild, S.L. Suib, N. Poudel, B. Lorenz, and M. Jain, Physical Review B, 95, 184421 (2017).
“Magnetic and Magnetocaloric Properties of Bulk DyCrO3,” A. McDannald, L. Kuna, and M. Jain, Journal of Applied Physics, 114, (2013) 113904.
“Long-Range Magnetic Ordering in Bulk Tb1-xMxMnO3 (M = Ca, Sr),” M. Staruch and M. Jain, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 25 (2013) 296005.
“Magnetoelectric Coupling in Solution Derived 3-0 Type PbZr0.52Ti0.48O3:xCoFe2O4 Nanocomposite Films,” A. McDannald, M. Staruch, G. Sreenivasulu, C. Cantoni, G. Srinivasan, and M. Jain, Applied Physics Letters, 102 (2013) 122905.
“Effects of Holmium Substitution on Multiferroic Properties in Tb0.67Ho0.33MnO3,” M. Staruch, G. Lawes, A. Kumarasiri, L. F. Cotica, and M. Jain, Applied Physics Letters, 102 (2013) 062908.
“Structural and Magnetic Properties of Multiferroic Bulk TbMnO3,” M. Staruch, D. Violette, and M. Jain, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 139 (2013) 897.
“Systematic Study of Magnetotransport Properties and Enhanced Low-Field Magnetoresistance in Thin Films of La0.67Sr0.33MnO3 + Mg(O),” M. Staruch, C. Cantoni, and M. Jain, Applied Physics Letters, 102 (2013) 062416.
“Synthesis and Characterization of Iron Substituted Hydroxyapatite via a Simple Ion-Exchange Procedure,” E. Kramer, A. Morey-Oppenheim, M. Staruch, S. Suib, M. Jain, J. Budnick, and M. Wei, J. Materials Science, 48, (2013) 665.
“ZnO/LSMO Nanocomposites for Energy Harvesting,” R. Kinner, A-M. Azad, G. Srinivasan, G. Sreenivasulu, and M. Jain, Smart Nanosystems in Engineering and Medicine, 2 (2012).
“Surface Contributions to the Alternating Current and Direct Current Magnetic Properties of Oleic Acid Coated CoFe2O4 Nanoparticles,” A. McDannald, M. Staruch, and M. Jain, J. Appl. Physics,112, (2012) 123916.
“Effect of Mn Doping on the Properties of Sol-Gel Derived Pb0.3Sr0.7TiO3 Thin Films,” M. Staruch, K. Cil, H. Silva, J. Xiong, Q.X. Jia, and M. Jain, Integrated Ferroelectrics, (2012).