- George W. Beadle Postdoctoral Fellow, Argonne National Laboratory and the University of Chicago (2005-2008)
- Ph.D. University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- B.S. Fudan University, Shanghai, P.R.C.
- Cooperative supramolecular polymerizations from synthetic macromolecules and nanoparticles
- Folding cooperativity in large, complex macromolecules bearing synthetic polypeptides and the synthesis of macromolecular channels
- Multicatalytic enzyme-polymer assemblies and their applications in effective biomass conversion
- Artificial regulation of protein activities through the formation of cyclic protein-polymer structures
M. Matsumoto, R.P. Lafleu,X. Lou, K. Shih, S. P. Wijnands, C. Guibert, J. W. Van Rosendaal, I. K. Voets, A. R. Palmans, Y. Lin and E. W. Meijer, “Polymorphism in Benzene-1,3,5-tricarboxamide Supramolecular Assemblies in Water: a Subtle Trade-off between Structure and Dynamics,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 140, pp 13308–13316 (2018).
Song, H. Fu, R. Wang, L. A. Pacheco, X. Wang, Y. Lin and J. Cheng, “Secondary Structure in Synthetic Polypeptides from N-carboxyanhydrides: Design, Modulation, Assembly Behavior, and Materials Applications,” Chemical Society Reviews, 47, 7401-7425 (2018).
A. Modica, Y. Lin and M. Mrksich, “Synthesis of Cyclic Megamolecules,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 140, 6391-6399(2018).
Xia, H. Fu, Y. Zhang, K. Shih, Y. Ren, M. Anuganti, M. Nieh, J. Cheng, and Y. Lin, “Supramolecular Assembly of Comb-like Macromolecules Induced by Chemical Reactions that Modulate the Macromolecular Interactions in-situ,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 139, 11106–11116 (2017).
Ren, H. Fu, R. Baumgartner, Y. Zhang, J. Cheng, and Y. Lin, “Folding Cooperativity of Synthetic Polypeptides with or without “Tertiary” Interactions,” ACS Macro Letters, 6, 733–737 (2017).
Ren, R. Baumgartner, H. Fu, P. Schoot, J. Cheng, and Y. Lin, “Revisiting the Folding Cooperativity of Synthetic Polypeptides in Solution,” Biomacromolecules, 18, 2324-2332 (2017).
Baumgartner, H. Fu, Z. Song, Y. Lin and J. Cheng, “Cooperative Polymerization of α-Helices Induced by Macromolecular Architecture,” Nature Chemistry, 9, 614-622 (2017).